WindSpa Style Weddings Enrichment Voyages Awards & Accolades
Wind Star Overview
The Wind Star is a sleek, four-masted sailing yacht accommodating 148 guests. With four decks and a gross tonnage of 5,350, the Wind Star feels like your own private yacht.
Wind Star features wide open, teak decks—quite unusual for small ships. With over 10,000 square feet of open deck space, guests will find hidden nooks for private moments giving them a feeling of being on their own private verandah.
All staterooms have ocean views, queen beds, flat-screen TV with DVD player and Bose SoundDock speakers for Apple iPods. The Owner’s Suite includes a sitting area.
Wind Star offers two primary dining venues. The Restaurant offers gourmet, course-by-course cuisine in the evenings and the Veranda restaurant offers casual buffet and full-service dining for breakfast and lunch. All dining is open seating. And, for dining under the stars, make a reservation for Candles which features steaks and skewers.
Wind Star amenities WindSpa, casino and entertainment lounge, water-sports platform, library, pool and hot tub.
More about the Wind Star
- Owners Suite:
- Ship’s Registry:
- 148 guests
- 73 deluxe oceanview staterooms
- 1 oceanview owner’s suite
- 4 decks with a total of 10,200 square feet
- 90 international staff
Wind Star Facts
- 360 feet (110 meters) at waterline; 440 feet (134 meters) including bowsprit
- 14 feet (4.1 meters)
- 5,703 gross registered tons (grt)
- 52.1 feet (15.8 meters)
- 6 triangular, self-furling, computer-operated sails with 21,500 square feet (or 2,200 square meters) of Dacron surface area
- 4 at 204 feet (62 meters)
- 3 diesel electric generating sets, 1 electrical propulsion motor
- 11 knots with engins only; up to 15.8 knots wind only
Windstar Cruises - YachtsWind Spirit
The Wind Spirit sails with just 148 pampered guests in 74 total staterooms: 73 deluxe, ocean-view staterooms and 1 deluxe Owner’s Suite with queen beds and a dining/sitting area.
The world’s largest sailing yacht, the Wind Surf sails with just 312 pampered guests in 154 total staterooms: 31 oceanview suites with his and her bathrooms, 2 Bridge Suites and 123 deluxe oceanview staterooms.